Friday, May 18, 2012

Cue the Lights, Cue the Music...It's Broadway!

 I can't lie to you, dear readers; I have always been, and always will be, a Broadway musical fan. I just love seeing musicals, singing shows from musicals, and performing in musicals. I've done a bunch at my school and a few in the community theater in town. I just get such a thrill from performing! For me, nothing beats the roar of a crowd after you've just nailed that dance routine, or the thunderous applause after you've hit that high note.

I also love watching musicals. From classics like Music Man, 42nd Street, and My Fair Lady, to modern-day wonders like The Drowsy Chaperone, Rent, and Wicked, I can't get enough. Some people say that musicals are silly and cheesy. While that point is valid, sometimes, I still really love them.

One show that I would recommend for anyone who loves musicals or theater is the TV show Smash. Literally, this is one of the best shows ever! It's about a group of professional actors, writers, and directors putting on a brand-new musical about Marilyn Monroe. The musical in the show is called Bombshell. It features original songs, but the show isn't just about the play itself. It also follows the lives of all the characters, and you really get to know them over the course of the show. The best part is that the characters aren't black and white, but have a mix of good and bad qualities (except for Ellis, who is literally just bad).

I wrote this post because I really wanted to express my love of musicals. I hadn't done that yet on this blog, so I wanted to make sure there was at least one post about them. I hope that if I have any readers that are musical fans, they'll read this article and agree with me. Go Broadway! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment