Sunday, August 17, 2014

Reflections Before My Sophomore Year

As I'm sitting here right now writing this, I'm feeling very reflective. It happens sometimes. I'm just thinking back on things that have happened, and am looking forward to things to come. As I look forward, my mind keeps settling on thoughts about my upcoming sophomore year of college.

Wow. That sounds crazy. Sophomore year of college?! I can't believe I'm already at this point in my life. I've been through middle school, high school, and have one year of college under my belt. It's a lot to think about.

I feel like sophomore year is going to be great. There won't be that awkward beginning, when you don't know anyone and you feel sort of uncomfortable and out of place. You immediately go in knowing you have friends, which makes it easier and exciting! You also know what to expect in way of classes, professors, extracurriculars. You've done a year, so you feel like an old pro.

So I am excited to go back. Really excited. I also hope to make new friends this year. Just because I made friends last year and found my niche doesn't mean I have to close off to new people. On the contrary, I hope to meet at least some new people every year of college. The desperation for friends that fueled first semester of freshman year is gone, and now it's just the excitement of newness.

I can't wait to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment